Tony Horton’s 10 Minute Trainer
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links – meaning I get a small commission, at no cost to you, if you decide to purchase through my links. Thanks if you do.
Tony Horton’s Workout for the Busiest people
Tony Horton has become an established name in the area of home fitness training programs. He has the popular P90 and P90X workouts to his credit, and a number of other fitness undertakings including this 10 Minute Trainer home fitness DVD.
A lot can be achieved in a well focused ten minutes of effort – but a fitness workout? Has a fitness routine ever been achievable in just 10 minutes? Well, I think it has now!
The title of this program says it all. 10 Minute Trainer is just that – a workout that can be done in just ten minutes.
It was created for busy professionals, or anyone with the problem of finding time for the more usual sixty minutes a day usually required by most training programs.
Tony Horton’s 10 Minute Trainer is an impressive route to the body transformation that so many of us want, but which never seems possible in today’s fast moving and hectic society.
We can all spare 10 minutes at some stage in our busy schedules, can’t we?
So how does it work?
The 10 Minute Trainer concentrates a mix of effective body workouts into ten minute exercise sessions. Resistance bands and a cardio belt are used in some of the routines although you don’t need to use them at first. As you improve they can be introduced into your daily workouts.
The program also utilizes a Super Stacking technique that works the whole body core instead of focusing on separate muscle groups. This provides an intense ten minutes of exercise that will leave you out of breath, but feeling good.
Each exercise is a minute long – easy enough for anyone to start with.
The workouts can be intense and a bit challenging, but each exercise only lasts a minute so you can keep yourself going until the following exercise kicks in. Tony does show you how to lessen the stress with a few mods. This enables you to pace yourself into the routines until you can work up to the max on all workouts. For many people starting ten minute trainer, this will be a necessity as they are likely to be out of condition at the outset.
What do you get in the box?
The 10 minute Trainer pack contains 2 DVDs covering 5 body workouts: Total Body, Lower Body, ABs, Cardio and Yoga Flex.
You also get a resistance band, cardio belt, workout calendar, some workout cards and a 10 minute meals guide.
The workout calendar is similar to what’s given with other programs, but is nonetheless useful and the workout cards are a nice inclusion. You can carry them wherever you go and fit in a ten min workout without having the DVDs with you.
The ten minute meals guide does give you some useful tips on healthy eating and some easily prepared meals that can form a useful part of your fitness plan. Whilst this is not a comprehensive meals plan, it is a helpful guide.
These are extracts from a few of the customer reviews at Amazon:
“Tony Horton’s 10 minute trainer is fabulous, and I must say this on behalf of myself and my husband (a person who absolutely DREADS working out in front of the TV)….
“I could offer up a huge long list of exercise programs/weight-loss methods I’ve tried in my life and why they didn’t work, but I’ll skip that and get to why I LOVE this program. First; it’s so easy to get started. Don’t get scared by all the reviews that state, “not for beginners.” If I can do it, anyone can…
Amazon Rating: 4 Stars
For many busy people – and not just the professionals this program is aimed at – the notion of being able to take a few hours out each week to travel to a gym for a one hour workout session just isn’t practical. Neither is the prospect of the usual 45/60 minutes home workouts a reasonable proposition. So an exercise routine that can be slotted into just ten minutes is going to have appeal.
- You can do the workouts anywhere – at home, in a hotel room, in the park – wherever.
- The program uses Super Stacking to combine cardiovascular, sculpting, body-toning and Abs into one routine.
- A great benefit is the ability to mix and match sessions whenever you want. The Yoga stretches for instance can be combined with other exercises to form part of the warm up and cooling down routines.
- I like the fact that each exercise is a minute long so you when you start to tire you know that it won’t be long before the next routine. There’s a timer counting down on the screen for each separate exercise, and that helps keep you going as well.
- Although this is a ten minute workout, you don’t have to stop there. You can work the same or a different module again if you have more time.
- The exercises are run through rather quickly with little time spent on technique, so it’s probably just as well to watch the videos right through a few times, before launching yourself into the program. Give yourself some time to become familiar with the routines.
- Advertisements for other Tony Horton products show on the DVD between workouts. These can be a bit annoying, and are something one would not expect, but they don’t really detract from the overall appeal of this home fitness program.
- It’s a shame the program isn’t on one DVD, but hey, that’s just me being fussy perhaps.
10 Minute Trainer: Tony Horton’s Workout for the Busiest People Fitness DVD Program is a whole body workout that comes from a highly trusted trainer. Tony Horton has made a name for himself in the world of home fitness training programs and his name gives it credibility.
Is 10 Minute Trainer Worth Buying?
10 minute Trainer is an attractive proposition for people who haven’t exercised in a while, those who’ve never ever worked to a planned workout, and those who have a strictly limited amount of time for fitness training. For this reason you would think that some time would be spent on the DVD explaining some of the more challenging exercise routines. But this is not the case, and is a disappointing omission.
Having said that, 10 Minute Trainer is an effective workout. It does work. Commit yourself to following Tony’s exercise routines and you will get a result. I’m certainly happy with mine.
You won’t get the same results from a ten minute workout that you will from a comprehensive fitness plan, but for just 10 minutes a day this is an impressive exercise regime to follow.
Some reviews suggest this is not for beginners, but I disagree. It can be a fun way to get yourself fit in a short period of time. Whenever you feel the need to work out a bit longer, simply double up on any of the routines to achieve your fitness goals faster.
The last time I looked, this was competitively priced at Amazon.